Open High Point Champions
2022 Francis Emma Coke
2021 K-os Emma Coke
2020 Cici Eric Forrester
2019 Coupe Jim Thomas
2018 Coupe Jim Thomas
2017 Coupe Jim Thomas
2016 Beer Jeff Moore
Amateur High Point Champions
2022 Harlan Charles Payton
2022 Region Elimination Final 6
1st-Hades, 2nd-Athena, 3rd-Moxie, 4th-K-Os, 5th-Luna, 6th-Trigger
2022 Open High Point Top 5
1st-Francis, 2nd-Athena, 3rd-Cici, 4th-Sioux, 5th-Trigger
2022 Amateur High Point
1st-Harlan, 2nd-Moxie, 3rd-Busy, 4th-Beau
2021 Trial of Champions Winner- Athena and Wayne Fishburn
2021 Region Elimination Final 6
2021 High Point Top 6
2020 High Point Top 6
2019 Region Elimination Final 6
2019 High Point
Region Elimination Champions
2022 Hades Wayne Fishburn
2021 Athena Angie Fishburn
2020 *Regional Elimination canceled due to Covid-19
2019 Sioux Roger Parient
2018 Athena Angie Fishburn
2017 Ranger Roger Parient
2016 Athena Angie Fishburn
2015 Ruby Joe Dunnigan
2014 Zeus Wayne Fishburn
2013 Brandy Jeff Moore
2012 Maggie Bob Turner
2011 Molly Roger Parient
2010 Molly Roger Parient
2009 Jazzie Bev McAdams
2008 Shorty Roger Drake
2007 Addy Clem Grover
2006 Baron Micheal Lee
2005 Whiskey Jeff Moore
2004 Buddy David Chandler
2003 Sam Charles Smith
2002 Angus Scott Boomershine
2001 Rocky David Wilson
2000 Max Bev McAdams
1999 Bull Robert Felix
1998 Trouble Jack Booream
1997 Ginger Rober Hollars Jr.
1996 Bart Pat Euriga
1995 Sport Willard Beasley
1994 Will Brian Martin
1993 Rocky Carol Barnes
1992 Chief George Wilson
1991 Dan Don Wright
1990 Rebel W. Greg Smith
1989 Dixie Tom Couch
1988 Dancer Unknown
1987 Judy Don Abner
1986 Lucy Kenneth Maddox
1985 Bud Unknown
Indiana region By-laws
Indiana Region By-Laws
INDIANA REGION SHOOT-TO- RETRIEVE FIELD TRIAL ASSOCIATION BY-LAWS
ARTICLE I NAME
The name of the association shall be Indiana region Shoot-To-Retrieve Field Trial Association
ARTICLE II PURPOSE
The prime objective of the Indiana Region is to extend the
enjoyment for the upland game hunter and his dog through
organized field trial competition.
Schedule and conduct Shoot-To-Retrieve Field Trials in the
Support the National Shoot-To-Retrieve Trial Association, Inc.
Promote fellowship among the membership.
Promote good sportsmanship
ARTICALE III MEMBERSHIP
Membership in the National Association shall be open to all persons
expressing the interest in the objectives and purposes of this association. The members shall further signify and express their intentions by participating in field trials, membership meetings and work as needed to keep the Indiana Region operable.
Membership in the National Association shall be granted to any
individual meeting membership requirements as outlined in the National ASSOCIATIONS’ Constitution and by-laws
ARTICLE IV OFFICERS/BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Officers of the Indiana Region shall consist of a president, first
vice president, second vice president (optional), secretary and treasurer. The Board of Directors shall consist of the past Indiana Region President who will serve until the term(s) of the current Indiana Region President has expired, and (3) individuals.
The offices and Board of Directors shall be elected as follows:
A) All Indiana Region officers and Board of Directors desiring
re-election shall be placed on the ballot.
B) The nominating committee shall provide a minimum of one
(1) and maximum of (2) candidates for each position including any Indiana Region officer and Board of Directors seeking re-election
C) The nominating committee shall be appointed by the Indiana Region prior to January 15th of the election and shall be
comprised of three (3) Indiana Region members of good
D) Any at large candidates can be added to the ballot,
becoming the third candidate, at the annual membership meeting. The signatures of 50 members of good standing must accompany the “at-large nomination”. In the event of more than one at-large nominee for single position, the nominee with the most signatures from members of good standing will be entered. In no event shall more than three (3) candidates for each position be considered or placed on the ballot.
E) Added April 8, 2017 by motion and vote that members must be present to vote for region officer elections or any vote pertaining to the region.
C. In case of vacancy in the office of the president, the first vice- president automatically becomes president.
D. In case of vacancy of vice-president, secretary, treasurer or Board of Directors, the officers shall appoint a replacement to serve remainder of the term. The Appointee will be subject to approval by the Board of Directors if there is one year or more remaining in the term.
ARTICLE V MEETINGS
The Indiana Region annual meeting will be conducted the weekend of the Region Elimination Trial and Shall be conducting using Robert Rules of Order
The following items shall be discussed at every annual meeting
1) Indiana Region President shall submit an annual financial
statement of the National Association to the region
members present at the annual meeting.
2) The Indiana Region shall determine whether the region will
send dogs to the Dog of the Year Trial using the Regional
Elimination method or the High Point method.
3) Present Indiana Region High Point Dog Award.
Meetings shall be scheduled as determined by the officers and Board of Directors. Sufficient notice shall be given to the members (i.e. mail, fax, email or phone call).
ARTICLE VI FINANCE
A. The Indiana Region Officers will manage the finances of the Indiana Region
No expenditure of funds greater than $100.00 shall be issued without prior approval of the membership.
Finances for the Region Elimination Trial shall be managed by the officers and Board of Directors of the Indiana Region as follows.
1) Field Trial entry shall be $45.00
2) Expenditures shall be limited standard expenses
associated with conducting the trial. Acceptable expenses are judges fees, bird planter fees, birds, trophy awards for both the first elimination round and the final round, 4-wheeler or horses, hotel and food expense for judges and bird planter and permit and trial fees
3) Each participant shall receive a gift. Recommended cost per gift $15.00.
4) Each judge and bird planter shall receive a gift. Recommended costs per gift $25.00
Expenditures for the Indiana Region High Point Dog Award will not be greater than the winner trophy award for the Indiana Region Elimination Trial
Provide a dinner at the Indiana Region annual meeting conducted during the Region Elimination Trial. Recommended cost not greater than $600.
The Indiana Region and the Conservation Bird Dog Club shall split the expenses of the dinners provided to all members of the National Association members during the Dog of the Year trial and the Champions Trial. Recommended cost for each dinner not greater than $400.00.
Each club that holds a Shoot-To-Retrieve Trial shall pay fee to the Indiana Region. The Fee shall equal 50 cents per dog. (Amended 2008 dog tax shall be $1.00) In addition, the Indiana Region Treasurer shall apply for field trial permit through the DNR, which the club will reimburse the Indiana Region for the expense.
Added April 8, 2017 by motion and vote to raise trial fees to 40 and to increase judges and bird planters pay to match the increase.
DUTIES OF INDIANA REGION OFFICERS AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section I – Duties of President
Preside at all meetings of the Indiana Region members and/or
Board of Directors.
Appoint committees as needed.
Monitor and coordinate the functions of the Indiana Region
File or cause to be filed reports, regional reports, trial schedules,
judging seminar reports and any other necessary documents or information needed by the National Association for the function of the organization.
1) The following clubs will have one permanent field trial date each season. The permanent date was set as follows: Amended 2012 No more permanent Dates
Conservation Bird Dog Club- second week of October Pike County Bird Hunters – First week of November
Shoe Billy Farms - Last week of September.
Glens Valley Conservation Club – Week before Dog of
Conservation Bird Dog Club – Two weeks before Champion of Champions
Pike County Bird Hunters – First week of March Shoe Billy Farms – Last week of March
Glens Valley Conservation Club – Week before
Champion of Champions
2) The Region Elimination Trial will be two weeks prior to the Champion of Champions trial (Amended 2012 Region Elimination trial to be held prior to Champions) and will rotate to each club as follows: Amended 2012 new rotation Glens
Valley, Pike County, Brookville, Pigeon River, Amo
Conservation Bird Dog Club, Glens Valley Conservation Club, Pike County Bird Hunters, (Shoe Billy Amended 2010 Removed from rotation and Rock Point Farms Amended 2010 Removed from rotation). If that date falls on Easter then the trial will either be one weekend prior or one week after Easter. The club holding the trial decides which date to hold the region. When the region rotates to Glens Valley Conservation Club the region will be one week after the Champion of Champions trial. The club holding the Region Elimination Trial is guaranteed the field trial the weekend prior to the region. If the trial prior to the Region Elimination Trial conflicts with another clubs permanent date then the club having the trial will automatically forfeit its permanent date to that club. Amended 2010 Requirement for hosting a trial, #trials (spring and fall), a charity trial and if they do not have a charity trial then the amount owed will be a minimum amount from the other clubs. If the clubs do not follow the rules they will be pulled from Region Elimination rotation
3) A club already approved to hold a region Elimination Trial must hold two NSTRA field trials, one in the spring and one in the fall. If the club does not comply, it will be removed from the rotation. In order for a club to be added to the Region Elimination Trial rotation it must be inspected by a committee, appointed by the President and consisting of one member from each club. The committee will make their recommendations to the President, who will present the findings at the next annual meeting. The committee will determine if the club has sufficient parking, trial grounds and facilities to accommodate the Region Elimination Trial
Schedule and hold judging seminars (an officer must attend the judging seminar).
Schedule and conduct annual regional meeting.
Manage the Indiana Regional High Point Dog Award.
1) A dog may win the Indiana Region High Point Dog award by accumulating the greatest point total for a one- year period in Indiana Region Trials
2) Points counted shall be based on one year’s accumulation, from the week prior to the Region Elimination Trial to the same period the following year.
3) Points shall be awarded as outlined in National Associate’s “Rules for Recognized Field Trials”
Appoint an alternate to represent the Indiana Region at the National Associations Board Meetings if the president is unable to attend (must be officer of the Indiana Region i.e. Vice President, Board of Director member etc.).
Make available and present National Association’s financial report at annual regional meeting
Section II – Duties of Vice President
A) First Vice President assumes the duties of the President in his absence and performs special duties at the President’s request.
B) Second Vice President performs special duties as requested by the President
Section III – Duties of Secretary
Keep the minutes of all meetings of the Indiana Region.
Maintain necessary and appropriate files of the current
information as well as the historical reference.
Assume the duties of the president in the absence of the
President, First Vice President and Second Vice President Section IV – Duties of Treasurer
Receive and deposit funds of the Indiana Region and giving receipt therof.
Pay all approved expenditures of the Indiana Region.
Keep records and receipts and expenditures
Report on the financial status of the Indiana Region at regional meetings.
Report as necessary to IRS, National Association or other audit organizations.
Collect Region field trial fee from appropriate club for each field trial
Apply for a field trial permit through the DNR for all Indiana Region field trials and collect permit fee from appropriate club
Section V – Duties of Board of Directors
Assist the officers in the management an operation of the Indiana Region.
Monitor the activities of the other officers of the Indiana Region.
Represent the entire membership of the Region.
Serve on Committee as appointed by the President.
Section VI - General
A. The officers shall manage the Region Elimination Trial
1) The Region Elimination will be held two weeks prior to the Champion of Champions trial and be rotated among the clubs as follows: Conservation Bird Dog Club, Glens Valley Conservation Club, Pike County Bird Hunters and Shoe Billy Farms
2) The Region Elimination Trial shall use judges from another region.
3) The number of dogs taken in the first cut of the Indiana Region Trial will equal (50%) of the total but will not exceed 16 dogs in each field. Amended 2006 the number of dogs to make the first cut shall be limited to 30 if using 3 fields
The officers and Board of Directors shall receive and decide on grievances.
The officers and Board of Directors shall attend all Indiana Region meetings as required.
ARTICLE VIII AMENDMENTS
The by-laws may be amended by majority of the members
present at a scheduled Indiana Region Meeting.
1) Section II - 3) Amended 2006 The number of dogs to make the first cut in the Region Elimination shall be limited to 30 dogs if using 3 fields
2) Section I-G Amended 2008 dog tax will be $1.00
3) 2009 added by law every Indiana club shall host a benefit
trial with a minimum of 1 field per year
4) 2010 Section VII-1 Remove Shoe Billy and Rock Point from